I Left my Creativity at Home, so this Title will Just Have to Do…
So October 3rd was pretty great. The week following? Hmm, not so much. The travel most enthusiastically kicked my booty. You know that saying, "nothing is impossible with God"? It's true. Somehow I did indeed make it to Rhode Island and back. But I am pretty sure that pigs could fly more easily than I can, even when taking into account my advantage of having an airplane to help me with that endeavor. Consequently my body has been angry all week, finally culminating with a high fever and a trip to the ER last night. I was admitted so the doctors could keep a close eye on me... And it's a good thing, too, as my blood counts took a big hit in a matter of hours. We still don't know what's up. Could it be a Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) flare? Sure. Kind of looking that way. Could it be sepsis brewing? Mhmm. A possibility but cultures have come back clear so far. Could it be Post Booty Kicking Syndrome (PBKS)? The NIH has yet to release any statistics on PBKS, but I think it is a reasonable addition to the suspect list in this particular case. I know you're anxiously awaiting the details of my Rhode Island trip, but for now I am just gonna have to offer an IOU. Capeesh? But in the meantime, could you please pray for me? I know that I can always count on you! Toodles!

"My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever." - Psalm 73:26

This entry was posted in emergency, inpatient, Prayers, please!. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to I Left my Creativity at Home, so this Title will Just Have to Do…

1. Wreak it rick says:

Sarah, the only thing I have to say to you is
    Everything
    Going
    Be
    All
    Right
    Egbar
    Use that strong mind power!!!
    Don’t think for a minute we haven’t forgot
    About YOU!!

Hi Sweet Sarah. I’m so sorry you landed in the hospital after such an inspiring trip to RI. I’m praying that whatever this is passes quickly! You are such sweet kind person with a huge heart and it just makes me sad when you’re not feeling well. So stay strong and courageous and know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Love you sweet girl!

3. babette says:

Praying for you Sarah. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

4. Sue Giles says:

Dear Sarah Kate,
    We are with you, praying for you and holding you in our hearts. We wish you strength, comfort and peace. We know your faith is steadfast and your inspire us to be steadfast in our faith too. Hugs from all of us,
    Aunt Sue

5. sue deist says:

Sorry to hear this! Daily prayers are always with you. If any help is needed with Alice I am your girl 🙂

6. Katie says:

Hang in there, Sarah!!! You’ve been through SO much, and it isn’t fair at all. Keep fighting Sweetie! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!!

7. Sarah I’m praying God will touch your body tonight. May the love of our Lord Jesus heal you. God bless you Sarah

8. Tom and Jennifer Finley says:

Thoughts abd prayers! Let us know if we can help!

9. Paul Selking says:

Lord, Place your hand of comfort on Sarah and her family, remind them of the plan that YOU have, as we very much wish OUR plan into existence. Give us all patience and if it is your will, an insight into YOUR plan. In your name we pray. Amen

10. Karen Becker says:

Sarah, I hold you in my prayers and thoughts daily. You are never forgotten and such an inspiration . . hope you are feeling better soon.

11. Judy says:

Sorry to hear you are not doing well. Please know that you are always in my prayers, along with Krystal. She spent Sunday in E room with chest pains, and after 8 hours, and many tests again, they did not find the cause. We think it was her RSD acting up again. You both suffer so much and it seems both with different symptoms. I pray that someone will try and find a cure, rather than finding ways to limit pain, as it seems to me that the Dr’s you both see are pain specialist.
    I am not saying they should stop looking for ways to stop pain and other symptoms, but also a way to get rid of this terrible thing. God bless you Sarah. Judy

12. Happy says:

Praying for you lil’ sis. Keep the chin up and out fly the pigs

13. Michael Walther says:

Keeping you in our prayers. May the love of God in your heart help you to bear all things, believe all things, hope all things, endure all things…

14. I am so sad to hear this news! I hope everything will get fine.

15. Leah says:

Our prayers won’t allow your spirit to grow weak. Stay strong!

16. Thanks for the update. I hope that you are feeling better soon!!