Tough Day, Resting Peacefully
Sarah’s surgery went well.  Dr. Molik is an incredibly gifted surgeon as well as a truly kind and compassionate caregiver.  We really cannot thank her enough for all that she has done to get the necessary arrangements in place so quickly and for her willingness to ensure that Sarah’s unique needs have been met. The anesthesiologist was great, too.  He listened carefully and seemed to have a very good understanding of Sarah’s complicated circumstances.  Given that Sarah’s anesthesia protocol is not typical, we must realistically anticipate that a new doctor may not be comfortable following it.  And he was not.  But we do know that he did what he believed was best, and that is really all that we can expect. Thankfully, Sarah awoke without paralysis ... but very sadly she was in terrible pain.  They transferred her to the pediatric intensive care unit; and after several hours of trial and error, they now have her resting peacefully.  They ended up giving her a medication that she has never had and is only given in the ICU, so we hoping and praying that she will awake without complications and that this may be a good treatment option for her in the future. So if you would remember Sarah in your prayers tonight, we would be so very appreciative. Blessings, Larry, Jeanne, & Krista

This entry was posted in Pain, Prayer Request. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Tough Day, Resting Peacefully

1. Cindi says:

Hi, Blessings to all of you! Your faith and
    perseverance, inspires me greatly… I tend
    to be highly emotional and sometimes,
    find it hard to handle difficult and stressful
    situations. I am glad that Sarah’s
    procedure went well and she is able
    to rest. Psalms 46:10 Be still and know
    that I am God. Cindi

2. Rick says:

You got this! Elf up!!! Put your beautiful mind at rest and use your mind like a sword and kill your problem .. And kill it!!!

3. Karen says:

Thinking off all of you!!

4. sue deist says:

I continue to keep Sarah in my prayers—-thinking of you and your family

Prayers for our Sweet Sarah….that she rests tonight and awakes tomorrow with her usual smile. Thanks for the update and prayers answered that all went well. God bless all the Freys!

6. Sherry says:

I will definitely put Sarah on my prayer list! Hoping for quick relief from the pain for Sarah….

7. It’s good to hear that the surgery went well and there is no further paralysis, Sarah Kate. Praise God for this good news. Sorry that the anesthesiologist didn’t follow the protocol. Praying for you that the Lord will give you relief from the pain in recovery.

8. My love to you both!

9. Amy says:

We were thinking about your family so much and are so grateful surgery was successful. We continue to keep your family in our prayers. Thank you for keeping us informed.

10. Kathy scheibal says:

So glad Sarah has this behind her again. When will she be home? Let me know if I can help.
    Kathy

11. Judy McKillip says:

My heart is with Sarah ,as I think of her often and more so at this terrible time for her. May God hold you all in loving arms as you again deal with such pain and difficulty . You are all so strong and so very important to Sarah and her recovery. I wish I could do it in person, but since I can not I send you all a hug. I hope I will receive an update soon.

12. Sue Giles says:

We are so grateful that Sarah came through the surgery well. We are praying that the pain medication continues to ease her pain with no side effects and that she will soon be feeling much better and able to come home to Alice Eloise. We are so grateful for the update and send our love to you all.